Skip to main content

I know several people here know me and my devoted Service Dog, Remy.

So it is with a breaking heart that I have to tell you that Remy passed away, in my arms, this afternoon, aged eleven and a half years.

She was my life, my love, my heart and soul having alerted me on several occasions, in time to avert what could have been the "end" for me.

She was my little "Earth Angel" and no matter where I went - she was with me.  She travelled all over Europe with me and to the States and New Zealand and Australia.

I am sorry to burden those who do not know me - but I felt I had to tell "someone".

Rest in peace my little one.  Sleep well.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

THANK you all from the bottom of my heart, for all your posts.

Again, I am so sorry for inflicting this on you all.  My boys all know, but, at this time, they are all out of the country, but they have all been in touch by phone and they, too are devastated.

There is always a service dog on "standby" for those who need it.  I will be provided with one from tomorrow morning.

This is only a stop gap remedy as neither the dog or I have bonded.

Remy was a special little individual that I rescued and her likes, I doubt, will ever be achieved again.

She worked, of her OWN accord, 24/7 and I always felt safe with her.

Sleep well my little one.

ANNOCA

Dear Annoca, I don't know your story or that you had such a wonderful companion because of circumstances I also don't know about. To lose such devoted companions is devastating, so painful, and yes they are Earth Angels with their unconditional love. Amidst all the sadness you're so rightfully feeling I'm sure you will also feel gratitude she was in your life and you both shared so much together and have many happy memories that will make you smile again when the time is right for you. You loved each other, the bond cannot be broken even now it's become time for her to rest elsewhere now without earthly health conditions. Love to you both xxxx

Yellow Rose
Reference:annoca
I have even "spoken" to her to ask if she wanted to go out to wee. I am dreading going to bed as she always snuggled up to me and "kissed" me as if to say "Don't worry - you are safe with me" She was a special little Angel.
awww Annoca that is so moving. I wish you peace, comfort and love as you mourn your special companion. Bless you and Remy
suzybean

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.